CFA Society Victoria is a proud member of the Collaborative WIM Initiative.
CFA Societies, FPA Chapters and industry groups around the world have joined efforts to further our shared vision of inclusion and diversity in capitalism. This collaboration was
created to demonstrate the commitment of the global finance community to inclusion and diversity, and to support the advancement and development of female leaders of all
This is a global grassroots campaign:
- To create demand for diversity
- To empower female and diverse professionals across all facets of the finance industry
- To establish a global community to share resources, information and best practices to promote our shared vision of a better, more inclusive world
Our grassroots campaign has captured hearts and minds across the global finance network, and leaders around the world have dedicated their talents, time and endless passion to our
shared vision. As of April 30, 2021, our global collaboration comprises ~80 organizations across the the US, Canada, Caribbean, EMEA and Latin America.
Together, we aim to enhance and amplify the I&D efforts of our respective societies at the local level, while sharing resources and information to build a truly global community around
this important dialogue. Participating CFA Societies and FPA Chapters alongside Collaborative WIM believe that we can achieve more by working in conjunction, rather than
We believe that inclusion and diversity will allow our industry to achieve better investment outcomes-- but more importantly, we believe that it will better serve our diverse society.
The inclusion conversation has never been more urgent, and the reality remains that there are few female and diverse professionals in senior leadership roles. As a result, these
professionals often lack the natural mentorship and sponsorship that tends to take place at the middle and senior levels, necessitating that they work harder to establish their own
support network. Our global collaboration intends to fulfill that need.
Women, as the minority in the finance industry globally, are the universal diversifier.
By utilizing virtual programming and our global network, our community facilitates a geography-agnostic exchange of ideas, resources and best practices to amplify and
enhance the diversity dialogue, wherever it is taking place. We aid each of our members in their personal career journey, through professional development and networking opportunities.
In time, we hope that our efforts will both inspire and expand the female and diverse talent pipeline into the investment industry, as well as support their success.
Together, alongside our like-minded supporting organizations, our collaboration demonstrates the commitment of the global finance industry to inclusion and diversity,
while providing high-caliber programming, cross-regional networking and professional development opportunities for our shared membership around the world.
- Creates a unique WIM Original program series that provides exceptional professional development guidance and showcases talented, diverse female leaders
- Co-markets high quality I&D programming created by our participating societies to bring added visibility to the featured speakers and the societies who host them
- Showcases and amplifies across our global platform the I&D efforts of our participating societies, to aid their success and build momentum for those initiatives at the local, regional and global level
- Offers valuable networking opportunities for our global base of finance professionals of all backgrounds
- Provides young professionals of all backgrounds access to critical mentorship and career guidance through internship opportunities and mentor programs
Supports the development, hiring and advancement of the diverse talent pipeline