Financial storytelling is about blending narrative with numbers. It is about equipping participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence, to step out of their comfort zone, and to create compelling arguments which immediately resonate with the audience.
This interactive two-session webcast is specifically aimed at professionals who would like to develop their communication skills. By the end of the program they will be able to:
- Design a compelling story that will influence and deliver a successful outcome
- Spike an audience’s attention to ensure focus on core elements of financial data
- Create a memorable experience which builds trust, congruence, and long-term relationships.
- Introduction / Recap of Session 1
- Practice and prepare your short presentation
- Body language, pauses, pitch and volume
- Data visualization techniques using Gestalt Principles and the use of white space
- Deconstructing the numbers: bringing the numbers alive and eliminate the rest
Click here for information on Part 1
- Any professional interested in delivering compelling presentations using financial data.
Dave Bowman, ACA, CFA
Executive Director - Faculty and Consulting
David joined Kaplan from the Inspirational Development Group (IDG) where for over ten years he designed, facilitated and led a number of global award winning leadership programmes. He was also Head of Commercial Excellence where he developed a number of business simulations and business acumen programmes. Prior to his time at IDG David worked at Kaplan where headed up their financial markets division. He holds the CFA designation and delivered training programmes at all three levels of the CFA Programme.
David is a highly experienced consultant. He has a strong coaching style with strong listening and questioning skills. He has a wealth of experience to draw on from his corporate background and his twenty plus years of designing and delivering learning and development programmes.
Simon Taylor, Ph.D
Senior Leadership Consultant
Simon joined Kaplan from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, where for six years he was a Senior Lecturer in the Communication and Applied Behavioural Science Department.
A highly energetic and engaging consultant, Simon, over the last four years, has worked with global legal and financial service providers, major retailers and oil and gas businesses in the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. He has extensive experience in designing and delivering leadership programmes. He holds two masters degrees and has recently completed a PhD.