Data Visualization & Business Analytics with Microsoft Power BI
Wednesday, April 14 & Thursday, April 15
5:30 PM – 9:00 PM ET
This is a Virtual Instructor - Led Training (VILT)
Strong data culture is a sine qua non for organizations in the digital age, and proprietary data insights are becoming the most important asset for all organizations. Firms that are invested in crafting a compelling, authentic narrative from their data are uniquely positioned to establish enduring brands and thrive in all market environments. When it comes to communicating such insights for business objectives, a striking data visualization cannot be beat.
Participants will explore an extensible data visualization framework (Microsoft Power BI) that allows finance and business professionals to create reports and dashboards that leverage their existing data products. Participants will learn how to gather relevant data from sample spreadsheets, overcome data preparation obstacles, and build an interactive dashboard that they can publish to the web.
This course uses Power BI because Power BI is the uncontested leader
in the sector as illuminated by Gartner’s Analytics and Business Intelligence Platform Magic Quadrant.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have developed their own web dashboard that they can readily adapt to their own professional contexts, and which they can then use to obtain better insights into their own work and/or share it with their co-workers.
There are no prerequisites for this course, however, Mac users will need to install and use Windows on their Mac (through a virtual environment, etc) as Power BI is only compatible with Windows.
What This Course Offers
- Hands-on data visualization experience Microsoft Power BI and its Power Query engine
- Every participant leaves with a working dashboard that they can connect to their organization’s data sources.
- Insights on how best to automate tedious data workflows with web dashboards.
- Overview of data sourcing, preparation, and visualization pitfalls.
- Course notes, certificate of completion, and post-seminar email support for 1 year.
- An engaging and practical training approach with a qualified instructor with relevant technical, business, and educational experiences.
Who Is This For:
The target audience for this course is finance and business professionals, but the skills we teach here are transferable across many disciplines.
This Virtual Course is Instructed by our training partner, Cognitir.