CFA Society of Austin Mentoring Program is scheduled for November 2021 - May 2022
Purpose: Provide a one-on-one relationship built on encouragement, trust, and development for another CFA Society of Austin member. Develop skills and work toward personal/professional goals through networking and knowledge sharing.
Limited to current members of the CFA Society of Austin. If you are not a member, please sign up here
Program Orientation: CFA Society of Austin will host a networking event, virtual or outdoor, that will include a program overview presentation and an opportunity for mentors/mentees to meet and greet.
Mentor-Mentee Matching: Mentor/Mentee matches will be made by the Mentorship Program Committee and will consider pairing preferences submitted following mentee and mentor meeting, similarities in professional backgrounds/interests and stated goals for the program.
Definition of Mentoring: “Mentoring is defined as a professional relationship in which the Mentor assists the Mentee in developing specific skills and knowledge that will enhance the Mentee’s professional and personal growth.”
Benefits to the Mentee:
- Professional and leadership development
- Gain new perspectives on how to accomplish your goals
- Career planning
- Career growth
Benefits to the Mentor:
- Chance to give back and make a positive impact on another member’s professional development
- Demonstrate leadership skills and enhance your own professional development
- Opportunity to learn and grow your career from “reverse mentoring”