Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree :
- To be bound by CFA Institute’s Legal Terms and Conditions of Use. CFA Institute may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating the page. Visit the page periodically to review the terms and conditions because they are binding on you. and conditions.
- To read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content best suited to the medium.
This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. To preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. The information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it. Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
If there are any inconsistencies between CFA Institute’s Legal Terms and Conditions of Use and this document (Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy guidelines) the former will prevail.
This site is provided as a service for the customers of CFA Institute. Any information, views, opinions, and recommendations expressed in or posted on the site by others belong to the authors thereof. They do not necessarily reflect the views of CFA Institute. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by CFA Institute or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall CFA Institute be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post, upload or submit any information or other material protected by copyright without the copyright owner’s permission. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that they own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants CFA Institute and users of this site have a fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. You also agree that any material or information posted, uploaded and submitted does not violate any law.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate and potentially illegal: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or supplies.
CFA Institute does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of CFA Institute, we will take all appropriate action.
CFA Institute reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We make no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the posted material. You use this platform at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly disclaim all warranties, including the warranty of merchantability, non-infringement of third-party rights, and the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.