CFA Society of Houston's Book List
The CFAH's book list is offered in association with
Amazon. We feature books authored by speakers at CFAH's events, classic investment books and books recommended by members as a resource for others. If the book you want isn't listed below, search for it using the Amazon search box below.
What Are You Reading?
If you are reading something you think other members will enjoy, please recommend it. Send the name of the book, author and a one- or two-sentence synopsis/review to Recommendations. We will review and consider it for the list.
Benefits the CFAH Scholarship Fund
By using this "CFAH Amazon Store " , the
CFAH Scholarship Fund receives the benefit.
*The views and opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the CFA Society of Houston, nor does CFAH endorse any of the books listed here. CFAH does not maintain inventory of these items; they are available from Amazon.com through the links provided. CFAH receives a portion of each sale made through these links.
Purchases made through these links support the CFAH Scholarship Fund.
PURCHASE NOW ON CFAH AMAZON STORE
More Reading For Individual Investors
- Arno, Peter and Schwed, Fred, "Where are the Customer's Yachts? Or a Good Look at Wall Street "
- Barron's Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms
- Bernstein, Leopold, "Financial Statement Analysis: Theory, Application, Interpretation"
- Bernstein, Peter, "Against The Gods"
- Bernstein, Peter, "Capital Ideas: The Improbable Origins of Modern Wall Street"
- Bodie, Kane & Marcus, "Investments"
- Bogle, John C., "Common Sense on Mutual Funds"
- Bronson, Po, "Bombardiers"
- Bronson, Po, "The Nudist on the Late Shift and Other True Tales of Silicon Valley"
- Bruck, Connie, "The Predators' Ball: The Inside Story of Drexel Burnham and the Rise of the Junk Bond Raiders"
- Burrough, Bryan and Helyar, John, "Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco"
- Chancellor, Edward, "Devil Take the Hindmost: A History of Financial Speculation"
- Chernow, Ron, "The House of Morgan"
- Cottle, Murray, and Block, "Graham and Dodd's Security Analysis"
- Ellis, Charles D., "Investment Policy"
- Endlich, Lisa, "Goldman Sachs: The Culture of Success"
- Fisher, Clayton P., "The Stock Market Explained for Young Investors"
- Fisher, Philip, "Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits"
- Graham, Benjamin, "The Intelligent Investor"
- Greenberg, Alan C., "Memos from the Chairman"
- Homer, Sidney, "The History of Interest Rates"
- Jenrette, CFA, Richard, Jenrette, "The Contrarian Manager"
- Landes, David S., "The Wealth and Poverty of Nations"
- Lynch, Peter, "One Up on Wall Street"
- Mackay, Charles, "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds"
- Malkiel, Berton, "A Random Walk Down Wall Street"
- Moore, Gary, "Ten Golden Rules for Financial Success"
- Siegel, Jeremy, "Stocks for the Long Run"
- Smith, Adam, "The Wealth of Nations"
- Wolfe, Tom, "The Bonfire of the Vanities"
CFA Institute or CFAH does not endorse or promote these publications.