How to Get Involved - Society Leadership Opportunities
Check out the Volunteer Board for the latest volunteer opportunities! During the 2017-18 season, over 150 society members volunteered for CFA Society Minnesota. One of the best ways to optimize your membership is to get involved on a Society initiative or committee. Volunteering heightens your visibility and puts you in direct contact with other professionals in the industry. Whether you are a university student, CFA Candidate or CFA Charterholder, there are casual ways to get involved in the Society and meet others.
Where do I begin? (choose one of the options below)
- Send an email of interest to Member Services Manager Diane Senjem. Please attach your resume for reference.
- Schedule a time to meet with Society Staff to learn more about the organization and discuss what committee or project might be a good fit for your interests.
- Apply for an opportunity on the Volunteer Board above.
Episodic Opportunities Overview:
As specific positions become available, they'll be posted on the volunteer board below.
- New Charterholder Dinner (Nov)
- Annual Dinner (Jan/Feb)
- Intellisight Conference (Aug)
- Research Challenge (Sept-Feb)
- Opportunities include mentoring a team, grading research reports and judging oral presentations.
- Annual Mentorship Program (Mar-Oct)
- Serve as a formal mentor in our annual Mentorship Program (an 8-month commitment, 1-2 hours per month)
- Serve as an informal mentor in our annual Mentorship Program (meet with 3-4 mentees, 1-2 hour commitment per individual)
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Committee Work
- Society Committees are open to members and candidates who want to get more involved in shaping and leading the organization. Committee commitment includes attendance at meetings and 1-2 hours on committee projects per month.
- Career Development/Advocacy
- Business & Financial Management
- Changing Perceptions Intiative
- Give a CFA Program Presentation on a college campus and/or host a group of finance students to visit your office (2-4 hours per year)
- Offer informational interviews to society interns, students, CFA Candidates or fellow CFA Charterholders interested in learning about new areas of the investment industry (episodic, 1-2 hour commitment per individual)
Join the CFA Society Minnesota Board of DirectorsContact Mark Salter, Executive Director
Quarterly Society Internships:
Students and recent graduates are invited to volunteer as interns during the summer. Internships are eight weeks long, and interns must be available to work one 6-8 hour shift per week. Internships can be done for college credit.
Do you have an idea not already listed above? Nearly every society project or initiative has been invented and championed by a member. Please share your ideas with us!
, to learn more about our Board of Directors.