Many exam candidates contacted us about the uncertainty of the exams in December. However, CFA Institute is organizing the exams and we are not involved in the decision making - which is exactly how it should be. We have no additional information. CFA Institute is monitoring these factors:
- Government Compliance: Watching a variety of government regulations, including local lockdown provisions, mandated curfews, limits on indoor public gatherings, parameters on private gatherings, safety requirements, and receipt of event permits.
- Venues: Evaluating all exam locations to ensure that the spaces we have under contract provide adequate social distancing for the number of candidates registered, adherence to contact tracing requirements, and opportunities to replace large rooms with smaller ones. The venue will be RAI Amsterdam.
- Shipping: Ensure paper exam deliveries will be secure, on time, and consider COVID-related customs and shipping concerns for each location.
The key factor to watch is the Government regulation.
Precautions at the exam
We have received confirmation from CFA Institute that they will organize the exams at RAI Amsterdam in line with our local Covid-19 restrictions. This means -in short- the following precautions are taken:
- Candidates (and testing personnel) are required to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times in the test center
- There will be no more than 30 persons per space
- Candidates will be allowed to bring in any wipes or sanitizer into the testing room
- There will be no communal water stations at the test center. Candidates are encouraged to bring their own water bottles, which will be permitted in the testing room. Your water bottle must be kept on the floor when not in use
- Candidates will be seated at least 1.5 meters apart, from shoulder-to-shoulder and from front-to-back
- The venue will be well sanitized before the exam and again at the break
- Candidates will be permitted to eat in their assigned seats (1.5 meters apart) if they choose to do so
- Candidates in the testing room will be dismissed by section to allow for social distancing
- Personal belonging areas are not available at test centers, Small bags are permitted but must fit under a chair
Contact details CFA Institute
If you have questions about the exams, please visit the new CFA Exam Updates webpage for the latest information and FAQs or contact the Global Contact Center, either via email (email@example.com) or via phone (all contact numbers can be found here)
View recording of Zoom call about December exams
You can view the recording of a Zoom call with Aimee Rhodes, head of Exam Administration and Security at CFA Institute, held on 19 November. View recording here.
In the situation you will be faced with a cancelled exam twice (June 2020 and possible December 2020), you have the option to get a refund and withdraw from more exams.
We empathize with you and understand the impact of studying under these difficult circumstances. We advise you to keep a close eye on your progress and the date of 20 October, to make a final decision. The curriculum will not change and everything you learn now will keep its value. We are really sorry that we cannot help you any further - this is all we know. We wish you well and good luck with your studies!
Last update: 27 November 2020