WHO ARE WE
The Membership, Scholarship and Advocacy (MSA) Committee focuses on recruitment, retention and engagement of members and corporate outreach. The group will act as ambassadors to promote and increase awareness about the CFA credential, CFA Society New Mexico membership, support the efforts of prospective charterholders through education and networking, promote learning opportunities relevant to the financial professional, and building relationship between the CFA Society New Mexico and academia to promote a foundation for younger members.
The MSA Committee is charged with developing programs to assist members excel during all stages of their careers and adjust to changes in the financial industry.
Volunteer leaders will also cultivate relationships with non-profit alliances, help determine the financial literacy needs of the alliance's constituents, direct content development teams, and schedules presentations.OUR GOALS AND VALUES
- Develop and implement an action plan for membership growth and enhancement
- Create awareness of the CFA Program and Scholarships and to energize current society members to understand and promote the value of the CFA Charter to prospective CFA candidates
- Provide opportunities to develop leadership skills through volunteer participation
- Consolidate valuable financial literacy content and make it widely available as a resource to the general investing public. We strike alliances with non-profit groups, leveraging their reach to access a wide variety of audiences.
- Conduct an outreach to industry leaders for speaking engagements or participation at events
- Allow participants to connect with like-minded colleagues through collaborative, interactive education and networking opportunities. Individuals can also identify speakers and promote professional development during networking events in informal settings.
- Collaborate with state and local regulators and advocate on behalf of investment professionals, CFA Society New Mexico members and charterholders
HOW YOU CAN GET
Scholarship and Advocacy Committee invites you to consider becoming involved.
Not only do we welcome and need your help, we also want your good ideas. The
best way to contribute is through your involvement on a working committee. For
more information, please contact Greg Crowell and Jake Tolk.
|||Greg Crowell, CFA|
|||Jake Tolk, CFA®, CRPC®|
RBC Capital Markets
|||Nicholas Gordon, CFP®|
Sklay Capital Advisors
University of New Mexico's Financial Management Association
Brokerage Operations Representative
Acequia Investment Group
RBC Capital Markets