Terra Nova Capital (www.terranovaca.com) specializes in emerging markets. Actively investing in developing countries requires a high degree of due diligence and on-the-ground research, and Terra Nova distinguishes itself by visiting every single company, in market, before investing. Our investment team has met with CEOs and other top management of over 1,000 companies in over 30 countries in the last six years. The firm is headquartered in Helsinki with an office in Dubai, providing quick access to most developing markets. Terra Nova takes pride in its focus on improvements in ESG standards and aims to generate positive impact and make the world better through its portfolio companies.
Terra Nova Capital is part of the Evli Group, the largest asset management firm in Finland with $16bn AUM. Evli has been a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) since 2010. It is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange.
Terra Nova manages an investment fund for its European and Middle Eastern clients. Launched in 2013, the Evli Emerging Frontier Fund currently has 40 listed equity investments in lesser known and hard-to-access frontier and smaller emerging markets in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. The fund’s investment strategy focuses on high-quality companies with predictable cash flows and low valuations which have sustainable ESG practices. The fund has an absolute return mandate, and current AUM is $100m. The inception-to-date net-of fees total return of 60% places it in the top 10% of all emerging and frontier funds worldwide.
The Research Assistant will be working remotely to help the fund managers with tasks such as:
- Researching potential new investments and creating company profiles for meeting preparation
- Tracking earnings releases and news related to companies in the investment portfolio
- Tracking macroeconomic news flow of the countries which we follow
- Gathering and analyzing data and creating statistical models
- Updating marketing materials
- Other research projects
- Travel planning
Terra Nova provides a professional work environment, opportunity to develop investment analysis skills, and support for the CFA exams, including sponsorship of exam fees and bonuses for passing additional levels. After becoming a CFA charterholder, Research Assistants will be eligible for promotion to Investment Analyst, a position which offers an exciting lifestyle traveling to meet CEOs in various countries.
Given that the Research Assistant is a remote position, we welcome candidates from various provinces to apply. This includes candidates who currently work in NCR and would like to return to their hometowns to maximize savings, while receiving a competitive salary and work experience from a foreign firm.
- Level I CFA passer
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Preferably 1 to 3 years of work experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to be self-disciplined
- Organizational skills and willingness to work across multiple time zones
- Working proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Python programming would be highly valued
- Strong Internet connection with no interruptions
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .