Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Risk Policy and Infrastructure Division (RMPI) within the Office of Risk Management (ORM). ORM is responsible for ensuring that ADB’s goal of poverty alleviation is sustainable through (i) safeguarding ADB’s rating, (ii) advising Board and Management on risk issues, and (iii) promoting a strong risk culture.
RMPI establishes and maintains policies, procedures, and tools for risk management that are consistent with those of other multilateral development banks (MDBs) and prudent banking principles. The principal responsibilities of RMPI include: (i) establishment and maintenance of best practice policies, methods and procedures for credit, market and operational risk; (ii) development and maintenance of tools and systems to support enterprise-wide risk management; (iii) maintenance of a ratings desk; (iv) analyze, rate, and monitor the creditworthiness of ADB’s sovereign borrowers; (v) data management and (vi) limit monitoring and risk reporting.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Risk Management Analyst (i) provides support in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, methodologies, and procedures for the assessment of (a) country and sovereign risk, and (b) industry, sector, and regulatory risk; and (ii) contributes to the production of related reports, recommendations, and policy papers. The incumbent will report to designated international staff and/or senior national staff.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of methods, tools, analytics and procedures for a structured country risk analysis process.
- Provides support in ADB’s ratings process by assisting in the assessments and ratings of country, sovereign, regulatory and industry risk.
- Establishes and maintains a database and an efficient process to synthesize information that is produced within and outside ADB.
- Analyzes and forecasts macroeconomic and industry trends.
- Supports the development of methodologies for assessment and pricing of political risk guarantees.
- Supports ad hoc preparation of risk outlooks for management and external consumption.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, or statistics/econometrics or related fields; preferably with an MBA, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) designation or similar qualification.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in related fields, with experience in economic research and/or country risk analysis.
- Preferably with familiarity on risk rating tools, credit pricing, exposure limits, capital adequacy, and related topics in the area of risk management.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly in using spreadsheets; experience with statistical/econometric software and database applications would be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 6 – 7.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Deadline for application is 9 November 2018.
Applications are received through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
Please submit your application through this link: https://www.adb.org/careers/180840