Join CFA Society Portland and CFA Society Seattle for an Investment Trustee / Board Member Educational Webinar Series this fall.
Karen Harding, CFA
- Karen is a Partner and the Team Leader of our Private Wealth Practice Group. Karen brings twenty-seven years of industry experience, having worked in the investment advisory industry for the majority of her career,
specifically servicing wealthy families and individuals. Karen is experienced across all facets of wealth management and works directly with clients to set strategy, develop policy and construct customized portfolios designed to meet their individual needs. In additional to her client and Team Leader responsibilities, Karen is also a member of NEPC’s Partners Research Committee as well as NEPC’s Women’s Leadership Forum.
Deborah Kidd, CFA - Deborah Kidd, CFA, serves as manager for CFA Institute's Global Industry Standards, focusing on the development of the Pension Trustee Education program. Previously, Deborah was a CFA Institute independent contractor and volunteer for more than a decade, contributing to the development of CFA exams and curriculum and authoring articles and whitepapers on manager evaluation and investment risk and performance assessment. Her published work can be viewed at www.deborahkidd.com. Prior to joining CFA Institute in April of 2019, Deborah was a fixed income portfolio manager for Ohio public funds, a fixed income strategist, and an institutional marketing liaison with Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC since 2000. Deborah also served for 10 years in society leadership roles with CFA Society Cleveland and currently serves on the investment committee for the Laurel School for Girls.
- Quality education is critical to a trustee's ability to engage in meaningful board discussions and make informed decisions.
- This three-part series will cover with key terms and relevant concepts, provide best practice context, and address participant questions on current challenges.
- Three 90-minute webinars - September, October, and November - will provide Trustees with a much-needed investment base to deliver on their fiduciary responsibilities.
Sign up for Seminar 1 - September 17, 2019 - Governance, Fiduciary Duty & the Investment Policy Statement.
Session 1 highlights:
- Gain insight into good governance practices and applied fiduciary duty responsibilities.
- Find out if your Investment Policy Statement measures up.
- How to effectively monitor [the delegation of] asset allocation, manager selection, and performance review.
Is investment education certification important to you? Attendees will gain familiarity to concepts covered in the CFA Institute Investment Foundations core curriculum, integrated into each of the three webinars. Certification / examination can be completed through local testing centers.