**CLICK HERE TO REGISTER**
Date: 28 August 2018, Tuesday
Time: 12pm to 2pm (Registration and Lunch starts at 12pm; Talk begins at 12.30pm)
Venue: John Owen Executive Room, Machester Business School, 55 Market Street, #05-00, Singapore 048941
Political savvy is a critical leadership competency, always in demand but rarely taught. Too often, savvy is viewed negatively, a Machiavellian or game-playing exercise. By using a neutral lens, however, we see that savvy combines integrity, empathy and astuteness towards corporate politics, as well as human nature. Political savvy is a leadership skill combining personal integrity with an astuteness about politics and human nature. Those savvy leaders who focus on the good of their organisation can correctly read political realities and understand how to build coalitions for the good. Those lacking in political acumen will often blunder, misinterpret, and misdirect themselves and others. Using a political skills model, the session explores both sides of this complex competency, sharing research and real stories. The participants leave with an appreciation for savvy, understanding the role and value of support networks, and how to build a coalition to sell ideas, drive change, build innovative ideas and navigate careers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
•Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of the registration form and full payment.
•No cash payment will be accepted for on-site registration.
•If any registered participant is unable to attend, a replacement is welcome, but a top-up may apply depending on the
membership category of the replacement participant. However, no refund would be made.
•CFA Singapore reserves the right to:
* cancel, postpone or make any changes to the terms of the event at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice;
* reject any registrations;
* collect payment shortfall in accordance to the actual membership status of participants.
• By signing and submitting this form, I / we consent to CFA Singapore collecting, using, disclosing and processing my / our personal data :
(1) for purposes related to the administration of the registration for the above event;
(2) to send me updates informing me / us of events and activities organized by CFA Singapore.
*I understand that my personal data will be used and retained in accordance with the CFA Singapore Personal Data Policy available at www.cfasingapore.org
GLOBAL PASSPORT PROGRAMME
The Global Passport Program allows members of participating CFA societies to attend each other's society events at the local member price.