**CLICK TO REGISTER**
(Supported By : CFA Society Singapore Professional Development Committee)
Date: 29 May 2020, Friday
Time: 12:30pm to 2:00pm (Registration starts at 12:00pm; Talk begins at 12:30pm)
Speaker: Amit Bhartia, Head of Fundamental, Emerging Markets Equity, GMO (Link to Bio: https://bit.ly/3cJlMlI)
GMO has managed assets in the Emerging Markets for over three decades. In our recent paper titled “ COVID-19: Risk and Resilience in Emerging Markets”, we provided a framework to assess the most vulnerable EM nations and those best placed to emerge less scathed than others from the Covid-19 pandemic. We believe that even though emerging markets in the aggregate have fewer tools in their arsenal than its developed markets counterpart, EM as an asset class is more resilient today than it has previously been. However, certain risks to our thesis remain – a US-China geopolitical tug of war, the constrained coffers of EM governments and currency risks. We also worry about certain social risks and believe the “S” component of E.S.G frameworks will become more relevant going forward. Therefore, even if the EM asset class ends-up “less hit” than DM and fares better than it has in previous crises, we worry about the ability of the poorest EM nations to survive the global economic fallout as well as their capacity for long-term pandemic management.
1. Instructions to log in to the Live Webinar will be sent through email upon successful registration at least 1 day before the webinar starts. Please ensure to check your email.
2. This session is eligible for PL credit as indicated. Participant will only be awarded upon successful completion of full LIVE Webinar session.
3. This event is exclusively for CFA Society Singapore Members / Associate Members / Charter-Pending & Candidates / Global Passport Program Members.
4. CFA Society Singapore reserves the right to:
5. By registering to attend this webinar session, you accept the terms of CFA Society Singapore and Zoom’s Privacy Policies.
- cancel, postpone or make any changes to the terms of the event at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice;
- reject any unverifiable or invalid registrations;
The terms are listed at https://www.cfasociety.org/singapore/Pages/Personal%20Data%20Policy.aspx and https://zoom.us/privacy.
6. Kindly note that screenshots and webinar recording may take place during the event for use on our website, newsletter, social media, publicity and other related purposes by CFA Society Singapore.
GLOBAL PASSPORT PROGRAMME
The Global Passport Program allows members of participating CFA societies to attend each other's society events at the local member price.
For further inquiries, please email to email@example.com