To qualify as a Regular member of CFA Institute and CFA Society South Florida, an investment professional must meet
ALL of the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or have equivalent education/work experience
- 4,000 hours of Acceptable Professional Work Experience completed in a minimum of three (3) years and a passing score for the CFA Level I Exam or the self-administered
Standards of Practice Examination
- Sign and submit to CFA Institute a Member's Agreement and a Professional Conduct statement
- Complete any additional application procedures or requirements established by CFA Institute
annual CFA Institute (US$275.00) and local society dues. CFA Society South Florida dues are US$125.00. Society membership is voluntary and highly recommended.
Work Experience Guidelines:
At least 4,000 hours of experience in:
Evaluating or applying financial, economic, and/or statistical data as part of the investment decision-making process involving securities or similar investments (e.g., publicly traded and privately placed stocks, bonds, and mortgages and their derivatives; commodity-based derivatives and mutual funds; and other investment assets, such as real estate and commodities, if these are held as part of a diversified, securities-oriented investment portfolio).
Supervising, directly or indirectly, persons who practice these activities.
Teaching such activities.
For a job position to qualify, at least 50% of your time should be spent directly involved in the investment decision-making process or producing a work product that informs or adds value to that process. Work must be full time and can be earned before, during, or after participation in the CFA Program.
In order to become a charter holder, one must be an active regular member of CFA Institute.
To qualify for Affiliate membership with the CFA Institute and the CFA Society South Florida, an applicant must meet
ALL of the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or have equivalent education
- One year of
acceptable professional work experience
- Pledge to adhere to the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
- At the time of application, be professionally engaged in activity that qualifies as
Acceptable Professional Work Experience
annual CFA Institute (US$275.00) and local society dues. CFA Society South Florida dues are US$125.00.
Once an applicant is approved for Affiliate membership by CFA Society South Florida, the applicant will automatically be approved as an Affiliate member with CFA Institute.
CFA Institute Affiliate members receive the same benefits as Regular members, but do not have voting rights.
CFA Institute Affiliate members cannot use the CFA designation.
If you meet the requirements for retired status as outlined on the retirement form, submit this form to CFA Institute as indicated in form. If you no longer qualify for retired status, request a return to full membership.
Annual dues are reduced to US$100 for CFA Institute retired members and
US$35 for CFA Society South Florida retired members.
Retired membership includes access to all member benefits.
Request Retired Status on CFA Institute's website.
To find out more about joining CFA Society South Florida, contact: