The mission of CFA Society St. Louis (CFA-STL) is to
advance the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethical behavior, professional competency and the value of the CFA charter for the benefit of our community. The society seeks to fulfill its mission by:
- Preserving the professional status of a CFA Charterholder by extending membership solely to individuals directly involved in the investment decision making process with a strong commitment to the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Facilitating corporate presentations of investment information to society members.
- Hosting an annual forecast dinner. Inviting high profile individuals in the investment field to discuss with society members and their guests the outlook for the economy and financial markets.
- Sponsoring educational forums.
- Hosting a summer social for society members and a guest.
- Preserving the financial security of the society with prudent utilization of reserves.
The Society was founded in 1949. It is the 9th member society (by seniority) to be admitted to the National Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (NFFAS, now known as the ). Please go to
this page for more history of CFA Society St. Louis.