CFA Society Vancouver Mentorship Program
CFA Society Vancouver is pleased to announce the launch of our new Mentorship Program for 2017.
Based on the guidance provided by our fellow CFA Societies that have been running similar programs, we have designed a unique Mentorship Program to support the personal and professional growth of our members.
The CFA Society Vancouver Mentorship Program is a year-long volunteer program that pairs industry- experienced mentors with entry and mid-level professionals in the investment profession. The Program length is designed to give adequate time to build trust and rapport between mentors and protégés.
The Mentorship Program is designed to create a mutually beneficial relationship for both mentors and protégés. Protégés will benefit from mentors' shared experiences and guidance, as they explore career paths in the investment industry. Mentors will provide the perspective necessary for success in the investment profession while strengthening their leadership skills as they coach, motivate, and empower protégés.
Please note that the Mentorship Program is not designed to be used as a recruiting platform by mentors or as a job search opportunity by protégés.
Protégé Eligibility: CFA Society Vancouver Charterholder Member
Mentor Eligibility: CFA Society Vancouver Charterholder Member
You could be a Mentor Candidate if you:
- Wish to contribute to the professional community in a direct and highly-rewarding way
- Have the inclination and expertise to support and guide a protégé, and are open to sharing insights and experiences gleaned from your career
- Are willing to take an active role in your protégé's career development by helping with career decisions, imparting industry knowledge, and (where necessary) facilitating introductions to CFA Society Vancouver members and experienced professionals
- Are a good listener and communicator, and can hold conversations in the strictest confidence
- Can commit to at least one hour per calendar quarter for one-on-one meetings with your protégé
You could be a Protégé Candidate if you:
- Are striving to reach the next stage in your career or are considering a transition to a different area of the investment industry
- Recognize that mentoring is a valuable tool for professional development and growth
- Are receptive to feedback and guidance from your mentor and are willing to implement his or her suggestions
- Can be a proactive and enthusiastic participant in meetings with your mentor
- Always respect the mentor's time and appreciate the efforts being put by your mentor into your development
- Are a good listener and can hold conversations in the strictest confidence
- Can commit to at least one hour per calendar quarter for one-on-one meetings with your mentor
The CFA Society Vancouver 2017 Mentorship Program year runs from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
In addition to in-person meetings of at least one hour per calendar quarter, mentors and protégés are encouraged to communicate at least once every month during the duration of the Mentorship Program.
Prior to the start of the Program, please note the following key dates:
September 14, 2016: Program Launch and Information Session – open to all interested charterholder members.
October 14, 2016: Application Deadline – for both mentor and protégé applicants.
December 6, 2016: "Break the Ice" Training Session – 3 to 4 hours. Compulsory attendance for all mentors and protégés. This session will provide guidelines to enable participants to derive the most value from the Program, and may feature a professional mentoring coach as a guest speaker.
How to Apply:
Application forms (for mentors and protégés) will be available on the CFA Society Vancouver website from September 14, 2016.
Completed application forms can be scanned and emailed to Suzanne Martin at email@example.com
For more information, please contact Suzanne Martin 604-986-9856.