CFA Society Vancouver Mentorship Program - 2018
CFA Society Vancouver's Mentorship Program is a year-long volunteer program that pairs industry- experienced mentors with entry and mid-level professionals in the investment profession. It is intended to support the personal and professional growth of our members.
The Mentorship Program has been designed to create a mutually beneficial relationship for both mentors and mentees and the program length offers adequate time to build mutual trust and rapport.
Mentees will benefit from their mentors' shared experiences and guidance, as they explore career paths in the investment industry. Mentors will provide the perspective necessary for success in the investment profession while strengthening their leadership skills as they coach, motivate, and empower mentees.
Please note that the Mentorship Program is not designed to be used as a recruiting platform by mentors or as a job search opportunity by mentees.
Mentee Eligibility: CFA Society Vancouver Charterholder Member
Mentor Eligibility: CFA Society Vancouver Charterholder Member
You could be a Mentor if you:
- Wish to contribute to the professional community in a direct and highly-rewarding way
- Have the inclination and expertise to support and guide a mentee, and are open to sharing insights and experiences gleaned from your career
- Are willing to take an active role in your mentee's career development by helping with career decisions, imparting industry knowledge, and (where necessary) facilitating introductions to CFA Society Vancouver members and experienced professionals
- Are a good listener and communicator, and can hold conversations in the strictest confidence
- Can commit to at least one hour per calendar quarter for one-on-one meetings with your mentee
You could be a Mentee if you:
- Are striving to reach the next stage in your career or are considering a transition to a different area of the investment industry
- Recognize that mentoring is a valuable tool for professional development and growth
- Are receptive to feedback and guidance from your mentor and are willing to implement his or her suggestions
- Can be a proactive and enthusiastic participant in meetings with your mentor
- Always respect the mentor's time and appreciate the efforts being put by your mentor into your development
- Are a good listener and can hold conversations in the strictest confidence
- Can commit to at least one hour per calendar quarter for one-on-one meetings with your mentor
January 1 to December 31, 2018
"Break the Ice" Training Session:
December 6, 2017
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Compulsory attendance for all 2018 Program mentors and mentees.
At least one hour per calendar quarter.
At least once a month.
To the Mentorship Committee:
Completion of a quarterly check-in via feedback survey.
How to Apply
Application forms (for mentors and mentees) will be available via the CFA Society Vancouver website at the end of August 2017.
For more information, please contact Suzanne Martin email@example.com or 604-986-9856.