|8/23/2017 5:30 PM||8/23/2017 7:30 PM|
CFAW's fourth Summer happy hour series will take place in Bethesda at Redwood Restaurant and Bar. Close out the Summer with us and enjoy hosted appetizers, drink specials (cash bar) and great networking.
Registration in advance is appreciated if you plan to attend (so that we can make sure there is plenty of food for all.)
Thank you to our sponsor
|9/7/2017 12:00 PM||9/7/2017 2:00 PM|
Course Goals and Overview:
Take advantage of this rare opportunity to get live, in-person training from an expert and former chief architect, who helped develop many of the ETF analysis capabilities on the Bloomberg terminal.
- Accessing ETF Industry Flows across all asset classes
- Utilizing ETF Due Diligence tools
- Evalu ating underlying ETF liquidity
- Building comparison reports for ETFs and Mutual Funds
- Factor Decomposition of ETFs & Portfolios
- Fixed Income ETF performance & attribution analysis
- Calculate Fixed Income ETF risk statistics
- ETF Institutional Ownership
- Accessing Industry news across all asset classes
- Retrieving ETF research on the Bloomberg Intelligence Platform
- Building index reports across all asset classes
- Evaluating holdings data for all ETFs
- Building risk-return due diligence reports on ETFs
- Accessing the total trading costs, securities lending, management fees and other fees associated with ETFs
- Evaluating all Creation-Redemption Costs for an individual ETF
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who uses a Bloomberg terminal and is interested in the ETF industry
ETF Capital Markets Strategist, Invesco PowerShares Capital Management
Ryan Kreger is an ETF Capital Markets Strategist for Invesco PowerShares Capital Management LLC, a registered investment advisor that sponsors the PowerShares family of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). In this role, Ryan works with investment banks, trade desks, market makers, proprietary trading groups, and other institutions that are instrumental in providing liquidity in the global ETF market. In addition, Ryan aids buy-side clients on ETF trading and educates them on best practices for sourcing ETF liquidity and execution.
Previously, Ryan worked at Bloomberg L.P. as an ETF product specialist. He focused on the US market and was a regular contributor to Bloomberg ETF related content including TV, print, & Bloomberg Intelligence research. Ryan also hosted ETF thought leadership events around the country moderating panels with industry experts and presenting on current market dynamics.
|9/13/2017 9:00 AM||9/13/2017 5:00 PM|
Course Goals & Overview:
This course focuses on how to effectively and efficiently utilize Microsoft Excel for data analysis. A financial analyst will not only use Excel to build financial models, but also to crunch a large data dump. Learn how to minimize as much manual labor as possible, thereby saving time and performing more detailed analysis quickly. Apply commonly-used formulas in new and different ways; uncover often over-looked Excel formulas; streamline number crunching and analysis via functions and tools including pivot tables, sumif, sum+if, transpose, working with arrays, vlook-up, subtotals, and regression analysis; enhance your spreadsheets with drop-down boxes, data validation techniques, automation of alternate row shading; take Excel to the next level with emphasis on automation.
- Learn how to minimize as much manual labor as possible in data analysis
- Learn to use the most overlooked Excel formulas that will make your life easier
- Learn powerful functions built in Excel that streamline your analysis
- Master Excel shortcuts via formatting & analytical exercises encompassing efficiencies, shortcuts & sensitivity analysis
- Data integrity techniques: understand how Excel implodes when you don’t maintain integrity of your raw data
- Learn different “switches alternatives” (if, choose, offset and toggles ) to build more robust analyses
- Understand why IF statements are the second root of all evil in Excel and why they should be avoided at all costs
- Learn data validation techniques to dummy proof your model and provide additional error checking in your analysis
- Add some spice to your Excel analysis and models using dropdowns and how to automate options and scenarios
- Automate alternate row shading in a table of data using complex conditional formatting
- Fully automate vlookup to streamline tedious analysis while understanding the limitations of vlookup
- Understand why OFFSET(MATCH) is vastly superior to vlookup and why we discourage use of INDEX function
- Pivot Tables and Pivots on Steroids: summarize and dissect large amounts of data as well as calculated fields
- Truly unlock the full power of Excel by utilizing ARRAYS simplify complex calculations
- Learn how to use the transpose array function without static copy paste special transpose as values
Please Note: Participants will need to bring a laptop with them to the course.
Ted Michaels, CFA
Ted Michaels has a broad background with the financing and operation of businesses, with a particular emphasis on education, real estate, and special situations investing. His professional experience covers a wide variety of investments, including private equity and healthcare/biotechnology venture capital. As a Vice President at Wall Street Training & Advisory, Ted has led and assisted instruction on a wide variety of topics ranging from corporate valuation to merger & acquisition deal structuring and leveraged buyouts. His credentials include Series 7, 66, and 79 licenses, and passing all sections of both the CPA and CFA examinations.
|9/19/2017 4:00 PM||9/19/2017 6:00 PM|
Anytime the American consumer is faced with a complicated product and an influx of options, they have a tendency to make the wrong decision or, worse, be taken advantage of.
From the last Presidential administration to the current, health care has become more complex than ever before. While patent protected drugs have experienced annual inflation rates of 23% over the last three years, generics have experienced annual deflation of 19% over the same period. For those that understand the planning aspects of the health care industry, especially Medicare, there is an opportunity to add considerable value to your client base.
Come hear how some of the most forward-thinking practitioners in the industry are scaling health care advice.
- Establishing a more thorough understanding of Healthcare options
- Exploring options for a more healthcare-centric delivery to clients
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone with retail clients
- Those focusing on the Baby Boomer generation
- Anyone looking to expand the definition of "holistic advice" for their firm
Diane J. Omdahl, RN, MS
CEO and Co-Founder of 65 Incorporated and i65
For more than 30 years, Diane has kept her finger on the pulse of ever-changing Medicare regulations. She's a registered nurse who launched her first company in the basement of her home and grew it into the nation's leading provider of Medicare-related training for home health agencies. Over the years, Diane is has delivered more than 400 Medicare-related audio conferences and 100 in-depth two-day seminars, making her a very experienced and highly-rated speaker.
Today, through her new companies, 65 Incorporated and i65, LLC, Diane uses her extensive experience to provide Baby Boomers, seniors and their families with unbiased, individualized Medicare enrollment guidance through fee-for-service consultations and online software.
Diane also works with the nation’s foremost corporations, like PBS, providing their human resources staff, employees and retirees with expert, unbiased Medicare consultation and speaking services.
Diane has been featured in publications such as The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal Market Watch, CBS MoneyWatch, Kiplinger, American Journal of Nursing, and many more. She is also a Technical expert for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the organization that runs the Medicare program.
|9/28/2017 4:30 PM||9/28/2017 6:30 PM|
Member - Organized Event
Do you know what executive presence is? Are you aware of your own presence and how it works to your advantage or disadvantage? Rebecca Shambaugh, leadership expert, internationally recognized speaker, author, blogger for the Huffington Post, and contributing editor for Harvard Business Review, will demystify an important attribute for all leaders - executive presence. Rebecca will present a multidimensional framework that will not only define executive presence but also how to achieve it.
Attendees will examine their own presence, hone in on key attitudes, behaviors, and practices for creating and showing up with authentic presence for advancing their career, growing their credibility, and influencing others.
President, Shambaugh Leadership
Rebecca Shambaugh is an internationally recognized leadership expert, author, and keynote speaker. She speaks before thousands of leaders around the world every year, challenging conventional wisdom and overturning assumptions about how to lead in today’s business environment. She is President of SHAMBAUGH, a global leadership development organization and Founder of Women In Leadership and Learning (WILL), one of the first executive leadership development programs in the country, dedicated to the research, advancement, and retention of women leaders and executives.
She has been on CNBC, TED Talks, Fox News (New York), NPR, Washington Business, ABC, and numerous syndicated radio talk shows, and has been featured in publications such as: Harvard Business Review, Leader to Leader, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Huffington Post, Time Magazine, USA Today, Fortune Magazine, U.S. News & World Report, Pink Magazine, and Entrepreneur Magazine.
Rebecca is a known thought leader in the industry and is the author of two best seller books titled, “It’s Not A Glass Ceiling, It’s A Sticky Floor” and “Leadership Secrets of Hillary Clinton,” and her new book, “Make Room For Her: Why Companies Need an Integrated Leadership Model To Achieve Extraordinary Results”.
|12/6/2017 9:00 AM||12/8/2017 5:00 PM|
CFA Washington is pleased to offer, in partnership with Wall Street Prep, one of Wall Street Prep's most popular courses to equip busy professionals and students with the financial skills they need on the job.
During this intensive 3-day training, participants will learn financial and valuation modeling in Excel using a hands-on, case-study approach. Modeling methodologies covered include financial statement modeling, valuation & DCF modeling and trading & transaction comps modeling. Instructors are all practitioners (investment bankers, equity research analysts, etc.) with a passion for teaching and years of directly relevant real-world experience.What is included:
What is needed from you:
- Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises)
- Detailed, reusable, modifiable Excel model templates
- Unlimited email support for content-related questions for 12-months post-seminar
- Access to additional online modules (crash course in Excel, M&A and LBO Modeling video lectures)
- Certification in Financial and Valuation in Modeling (upon successful completion of online Certification Exam)
- 27 CPE credits and 35 PD credit
- Wall Street Prep certification exam, upon successful completion of course and online modules
- Participants should have basic knowledge of Excel and solid financial accounting fundamentals
- Participants will need to bring with them to the course a laptop with Excel, version 2003 or high
Breakfast will be provided