A recent CFA Institute report from May of 2019 titled the "Investment Professional of the Future" highlights that some of the largest trends impacting finance professionals going forward include machine learning, big data analytics, and the utilization of alternative data sources for portfolio construction and analysis.
Furthermore, the report emphasizes the significance of the interaction between humans and machines in the context of the financial services world, and the fact that much progress is left to be made on closing the related skill gaps. This Data Science for Managers course is a powerful way to build foundational FinTech knowledge, and most importantly, a way to provide those in managerial and executive roles with a fundamental awareness of being able to under the what, the how, and the why behind today's most cutting edge artificial intelligence and machine learning powered frameworks and tools.
Course Goals and Overview:
The amount of data available to organizations and individuals is unprecedented. In order to maximize the use of these data assets, executives and managers need to know the ins and outs of data projects. They need to understand how data science can help solve a variety of business problems and unlock a plethora of strategic opportunities.
This one-day course equips business and finance managers with an overview of key analytical methods and data science tools required to create competitive advantages and solve difficult business problems. Participants will also learn about fundamental data visualizations and how to effectively storytell to key stakeholders with these visualizations.
This is not a programming-based course. The purpose of this course is to equip business and finance leaders with the right dose of knowledge and technical skills to better evaluate technical proposals, communicate with technical teams, hire technical teams, and use data science is a strategic tool.
- High-level overview of data science and big data methods and why it is relevant for finance and business leaders
- Presentation of use cases and examples from industry of how data science can boost business performance and improve corporate bottom lines
- Understanding of the data science process and critical challenges
- Understanding of how to evaluate, interpret and present data science results to key stakeholders and technical teams
- Course notes, certificate of completion, and post-seminar email support for 1 year
- An engaging and practical training approach with a qualified instructor with relevant business, technical, and educational experiences
Who Should Attend:
- Finance and business executives who supervise teams that identify and execute data analytics and business intelligence projects.
- Other junior and senior business professionals who want to better understand how data science can supercharge corporate analytics will also benefit from taking this course.
Click here for more information on the course curriculum
Zeke is an experienced educator turned data scientist currently working at Nielsen Marketing Cloud. His team uses machine learning to improve digital advertising audience targeting. Zeke was a high school teacher for five years and is a former Teach For America Corps Member. He first taught in Dallas, Texas, before moving to Brooklyn to be a founding teacher at a new charter high school. Zeke chose to move into data science to combine his interests in math and linguistics, and hopes to do more work with natural language processing and deep learning moving forward.
Zeke has a BA in cognitive science from The University of Virginia, and an MA in Teaching from Relay Graduate School of Education