Access Scholarships provide needs-based scholarship opportunities for those unable to afford the full price of the CFA Program enrollment and exam registration.
The scholarship covers the one-time CFA Program enrollment fee (if applicable) and reduces the exam registration fee (includes access to the curriculum eBook) to US$250.*
Applicants must meet all CFA Program enrollment requirements. Review the requirements
Access scholarships are awarded on or before 1 December, to be applied to exams in the following year. Access Scholarships recipients may apply the award to the
- June exam (Levels I, II, and III) or
- December exam (Level I only)
You must wait until scholarship notifications occur in December 2017 before you register for the 2018 June exam, or you will be ineligible for the scholarship and your application will be voided.
Because scholarship notifications occur after the early exam registration deadline has passed, CFA Institute offers a US$150 credit toward the June exam registration fee for those applicants who do not receive an Access Scholarship but who still wish to register for the June 2018 exam. The credit is applied during the exam registration checkout/payment process.*
- After you submit your scholarship application, you cannot make changes.
- If your financial situation changes, you may withdraw your application from consideration before 15 October of the year in which you applied.
- If you receive a scholarship and register for the exam, you must sit for that exam or you may be ineligible for future Access Scholarships.
Application for 2018 exams:
Must be completed by 15 September 2017
Access Scholarships: Official Rules (PDF)
Access Scholarship Application is available now through the CFA Institute website.
*The exam registration fee includes access to the curriculum eBook.