CFA Society San Antonio sponsors programming events on relevant topics to the investment industry. These events support our member’s lifelong pursuit of investment knowledge that is essential to maintaining professional excellence in the continually evolving and highly competitive investment industry.
Events are open to all members of CFA Society San Antonio. Members of other CFA Societies within Texas may also attend as members. Members may also invite guests to each event for a nominal charge. All guests must be accompanied by a member. To register for an upcoming event, click on the Registration button next to a listed event. For any additional questions or special requirements, please email [email protected].
Benefits of Society Membership
- Gain access to investment experts from across the investment landscape
- Network with peers in the industry
- Be part of an effectual and common voice to develop and protect the interests of the profession
- Stay abreast of trends that affect the industry in your market
- Take advantage of local professional educational and career development opportunities
- Socialize with industry insiders
- Take advantage of discounts to dynamic and educational local programs
- Access additional resources, such as job announcements and newsletters
Two Different Types of Membership
This membership type is recommended for candidates in the CFA Program and required for award of the CFA charter.
To become a regular member of CFA Institute you will need to:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or have equivalent education or work experience
- Accumulate 4,000 hours (over a period of not less than 36 months) of acceptable professional work experience in investment decision making
- Provide professional reference statements
- Agree to adhere to and sign the Member's Agreement and the Professional Conduct Statement
- Pay annual dues of $375, which includes CFA Institute dues of $275 and CFA Society of San Antonio dues of $100
- Adhere to the OFAC Compliance Policy. Residents of certain countries may be prohibited by law from becoming a CFA Institute or Society Member
Apply for Regular Membership
This membership type is recommended for investment professional who do not intend to participate in the CFA Program or who have not yet met the requirements for regular membership. Affiliate members receive the same benefits as regular member; however, affiliate members are not eligible for award of the CFA charter and may not vote on CFA Institute proxies.
To become an affiliate member of CFA Institute you will need to:
Apply for Affiliate Membership