CFA Society Ireland
CFA Society Ireland currently has over 750 members. There are two membership categories available - Regular and Local. Annually we typically have over 500 candidates in the CFA Program, many of whom join the membership. Membership of the society is open to any individual in the finance sector. Enrolment in, and completion of, the CFA exam program is not a requirement of membership, and we actively encourage Irish investment professionals to join the society.
The society is formally a company limited by guarantee, managed by its Council which operates as a board.
The objectives of the Society are:
- To achieve, foster and maintain high standards of professional ability and practice in investment analysis, portfolio management and related disciplines in Ireland,
- To encourage the creation and interchange of ideas and information among those engaged in these activities,
- To advance public understanding of their functions and techniques and the operation of security and other investment markets,
- To support and promote the interests of the investment community,
- To encourage and assist the study of investment analysis and any other subjects of interest to the profession.
Active leadership ensures our society's vitality. Through its board of directors and committee chairs, we advance the society's mission and keep pace with evolving membership expectations and needs.
We would encourage any member who is interested in participating in the development of the society to contact the society office and volunteer for a role at either board or sub-committee level.