Promote ethical behavior, professional education in finance and support financial literacy in our local communities.
We are a member society of the CFA Institute representing over 160,000 financial professionals. The Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) credential has become the most respected and recognized investment designation in the world. “The gold standard among countless finance degrees” – Financial Times.
Over 130 influential finance professionals in East Tennessee, including a community of CEOs, VP's, Portfolio Managers, Treasurers, Finance Directors, Financial Advisors, Analysts, University Professors, and FP&A Professionals.
WHO WE ARE
Officially named CFA Society East Tennessee, the society was formed in 2010 as the result of a merger of the Chattanooga and Knoxville, Tennessee Societies. The CFA Society East Tennessee typically draws its membership from the geographical area east of US 127 in Tennessee, although Charterholders are free to choose which Society they would like to affiliate with. Most members (approximately 70%) are located in the Chattanooga area with the remainder in the Knoxville area.
The finance professionals who make up our membership are the elite decision-makers in their industry and well-respected throughout the East Tennessee community. These groups are a highly desirable target market for a variety of sponsors.
WHAT WE DO
The society holds educational and social events designed to add value to our members and strengthen the finance community of East Tennessee. In 2023, we hosted our first annual forecast dinner. This dinner served as the Society’s signature event and was attended by finance professionals, lawyers, clients, and those interested in learning about finance and the economy.
- Financial literacy throughout East Tennessee
- Ethical and professional standards within the investment industry.
- Encourage professional development through the CFA Program and continuing education.
- Facilitate the exchange of information and opinions among people within the local investment community and beyond.
- Work to further the public's understanding of the CFA designation and investment industry.
- Support individuals through the candidate journey to develop a pipeline for future members.
- Be considered a comprehensive educational resource and facilitate networking opportunities.
- Increase awareness among local institutions and the public.
- Create a volunteer management program with effective committees supported by professional staff and an effective, strategic board.
CFA Society East Tennessee currently has over 140 members. Over 90% of our membership holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
Top 10 Roles of Employers who are Members: Top 10 Employers who are Members: